TECNADIS HEATSHIELD is a nanotechnology-based heat barrier treatment for glass surfaces, which blocks infrared solar radiation (IR) by more than 40%.
TECNADIS HEATSHIELD is a nanotechnology-based heat barrier treatment for glass surfaces. It has been designed to block the transmission of heat frequencies (infrared solar radiation) from the outside to the inside of the glass, thus avoiding an excessive increase in the temperature inside living spaces directly exposed to the sun.
TECNADIS HEATSHIELD can be applied on any glass surface that is directly exposed to solar radiation, being specially recommended for glazed surfaces in buildings.
Durability of 10 years under appropriate conditions of use and application.
1 L, 5 L and 25 L.
– Blocking of the 45-50% approx. of the solar energy (for a standard protection layer), enabling to modulate the blocking capacity -in terms of amount of radiation filtered- according to the number of layers applied.
– Blocking of ultraviolet radiation by more than 25%.
– Significant reduction of the energy consumption in cooling processes, achieving savings of operating costs of air conditioning systems up to 60%.
– Easy application with pressure air gun and compressor. It is also possible to use cleaning tools (articulated sponge, cloth, etc.).
– Resistant to cleaning processes with conventional cleaners/chemicals, keeping unaltered the IR blocking properties.
– Keeps the glass appearance highly transparent.
– Provides a very light bluish tone.
– High durability and re-applicable/repairable if necessary. It can be removed without using special techniques, if necessary.
– Total resistance to UV radiation. Durability of 10 years under appropriate conditions of use and application.
– Its performance (7-8 m2/L approx. for a standard protection layer) and highly competitive price make it one of the most effective solutions currently available in the market.
SURFACE PREPARATION: Surface must be totally clean and dry before application. For a proper preparation of the glass, it is essential to carry out a thorough cleaning using an abrasive-type polisher* with microparticles, spreading it over the surface with the help of a scouring pad that does not scratch the glass or and industrial polishing-machine in the case of large surfaces. Once the polisher is spread, remove it with the help of a “T” type cleaning tool, spraying the surface with water to facilitate the process. Finally, clean the entire surface with ethanol and dry until it is completely transparent.
*Instead of an abrasive-type polisher, it is also possible to use a powerful detergent for surface preparation or other types of thorough cleaning. However, it is always recommended to finish the process by cleaning the surface with alcohol (ethanol or isopropanol).
PRODUCT APPLICATION: Spray the product evenly over the glass, avoiding excesses or sagging of the product as much as possible. As a standard application, a light first coat working as a primer with high air pressure, followed by two coats of higher dosage of the product is recommended. For its application, it is also recommended to use a “Trans-tech” type paint gun with filter in the feed.
For recommendation of spray gun’s application parameters refer to “instruction manual”.
- Drying time: 6 hours. The product will be quite dry in case of rain weather incidents after 6 hours from application. If rainy conditions occur during the drying time, the treated surface must be protected.
- Curing time: 24 hours. Do not subject to abrasion or cleaning of any kind during the following 24 hours after its application. From this time, the product is resistant to cleaning processes with conventional detergents/chemicals.